Wheels4Me London Prices and Payment
Prices & payment information for Wheels4Me London inclusive cycle hire
Prices & payment information
If you are hiring a cycle, you need to be aware that there are charges relating specifically to:
- The hire of a cycle
- A returnable deposit whilst you have the cycle
- Any damage to our cycle that occurs during your hire
- Some collection/delivery options
- Certain cancellations of your booking
We require payment after we have completed your booking by phone and will send you an invoice. This booking phone call confirms exactly which cycle you are hiring, how long you are hiring it for, as well as collection or delivery details. At the end of the document we detail how to make payments.
Payment for hire
Please note the pilot period has now ended*
|Adult cycle charges||1 day||3 days||1 week |
|Non-standard cycle - solo, tandem, bicycle*||£20||£40||£115||£150|
|E-assist cycle - solo, tandem, bicycle||£30||£60||£120||£240|
|Child cycle charges||1 day||3 days||1 week |
|Non-standard cycle - solo, tandem, bicycle*||£10||£20||£30||£70|
If your supporter also needs a bicycle we will aim to provide one (for free!).
*Bookings made during the pilot were free of charge in return for the valuable feedback that has helped us develop the scheme. Bookings started during the pilot but not completed will also be free of charge.
The above prices for individuals. If you are hiring on behalf of a school or business, please email us: email@example.com
These are HIRE prices and do not apply to Cycle Sessions or rides led or accompanied by cycle instructors.
Please ask about prices if you want to hire a cycle for longer than a week.
You are welcome to collect and return the cycle during existing Wheels for Wellbeing and Bikeworks sessions. We can however arrange free delivery and collection. If you want to collect or return a cycle outside a session we will charge an extra £50 and invoice you accordingly.
As required by our insurers, you will need to provide a £250 deposit at least a week in advance of collection (or as soon as the hire is confirmed, whichever is the shorter). If this makes hiring unaffordable please contact us.
Proof of identify and address
You will also need to show us proof of identity and address.
Proof of identity could be your passport or driving licence.
For proof of address we need 2 letters / statements dated within the last 3 months such as a utilities bill, bank or credit card statement. We don’t need to see the amounts on these statements.
These documents will be checked and recorded/ confirmed at the Cycle Handover. Please note you will not be able to hire a cycle if you do not show these documents – they must be originals, not copies.
Charges will be made up to the value of your deposit for the following damage/ loss to our cycles:
- Significant scratches at £25 per mark
- Breakages at cost of repair by our professional and qualified cycle mechanic or another mechanic of our choice
- In the event of theft or significant (un-repairable) damage your deposit will not be refunded.
There will be no charge if you need to cancel due to
- a change in the government’s Covid restrictions impacting on our ability to provide you with a cycle or your ability to use the cycle,
- due to a change in your health. You will need to provide a letter from a health professional to be eligible for a refund in this case.
Otherwise cancellation charges are as follows:
- Within 48 hours, no refund.
- Within 2 weeks 50% cancellation charge, 50% refund.
- Within 1 month 25% cancellation charge, 75% refund
- Longer than 1 month, a full refund.
How to make payments
We currently prefer to accept payments through a BACS transfer to: Account name: Wheels for Wellbeing; Sort Code: 40-01-22; Account Number: 01522825. Let us know if that is difficult for you.